Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Refashioning

I've been doing a lot of reading of refashioning blogs and it has inspired me to do a few of my own.

So far I have done a shirt that used to be my moms that had some ugly ruged sleeves and a weird collar. So I made a fee little changes to it and still need to do some more because I'm not happy with it.

Most recently I made my daughter a pullowcase dress. It was the first time I had really made something and I see a lot of problems with it but overall for an amateur feel it was pretty decent.

I can remember growing up watching my grandma make me lots of clothes and clothes for my barbies and dolls and helping her make quilts and all sorts of things. I really wish I would have spent more time learning from her. She has since passed and I would LOVE to find someone that would be able to teach  me the ins and outs of my sewing machine and actually using it correctly.

Pretty much everything I know has been self taught but I really would LOVE to be able to make something that would look presentable in public. I have made a few sets of curtains and patched up some jeans but honestly I really have no clue what I'm doing. I just kinda wing it. So if you see something that looks horrible I apologize in advance. ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...