Sunday, April 26, 2009


Ok so this last month has been really crazy for me. First my daughter came down with pink eye so I was stuck at home with her for 2 days. The second day, I came down with pink eye and the flu....what fun. Thankfully she was ok but I was out of commission for about a week. So there was a week of work that I missed. I go back and work one day and as I am leaving I get a text from my mom saying my grandma is in the hospital and they don't think she will make it through the night. Now there is alot of background here that I won't go into but my grandma and I used to be really, really close then my grandpa passed away, she remarried and I only seen and talked to her rarely. I still felt the need to go visit her at the hospital. The hospital she was at is only about 5 minutes from my office so I got up there, of course she is in ICU and visiting hours are over, so I beg the nurse and they let me in. I was very thankful for the few minutes that they gave me with her because that was the last time I would ever hear her make a sound or see her with her eyes open. She did make through that night so I stayed at the hospital the next day and she passed away March 26, 2009 around 6pm. That was a very long day. The night before I only slept about an hour worrying about everything. So then I was out of work for another 3 days. Wow that's 1 1/2 weeks already. I go back to work that following Tuesday then that Sunday my daughter comes down with a really high fever. So of course we end up at the ER. The do a ton of tests and don't really figure anything out but send us home with antibiotics and tell us to follow up with her Dr. in the morning. So the next morning we go see her Dr. and he looks her over, looks over the tests and says there are a few things with her urine test that look a little suspicious but we won't know anything for sure until keep taking the antibiotics, keep doing Tylenol/Motrin for her fever. He did tell us she still might run a fever through the night. Ok fine, she's gonna have a slight fever is what I'm thinking at this point. No, around 8pm I go to take her temp again and she is BURNING UP. I was scared to death as the thermometer kept going higher and higher. It finally stopped at 105.8. No, that's not a typo. Oh, and she is 8 months old, very scary. So back to the ER we go. After a couple hours of trying to get her fever down, the Dr., who I'm not fond of, that's another story, tells us she has developed an ear infection. Oh goodness what else can happen? is what I'm thinking at this point. So I stay with her the next day and she was fever free all day, Thank God. The Dr. calls the next day and says all of her cultures and tests came back perfectly fine, so they think Sunday was the start of her ear infection it just wasn't visible until Monday when we went to the ER. She has been doing fine since and I'm very thankful for that. I just hope and pray that Satan is going to lay off of us for a while. If you weren't counting that was a total of 2 1/2 weeks of work I missed. Oh and did I mention I was the only one working during this time...yes very stressful. Thankfully my husband got a job and started this past Friday. I'm not thrilled about his hours, Friday - Tuesday, which means he works EVERY weekend but it's a job and I am SO much less stressed...yes I am still stressing over stuff but now I can have a little peace about some of our life. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't left, just been crazy. Which also hasn't left much time for shopping. But we will get back and I'll be back full force. Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. Well I am so glad you are less stressed. That is a very big positive. I am sorry about the loss of your grandma.
    I am glad the little one is doing better! Stay positive and keep praying God is with you!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...