Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Getting Started (Even though it's been almost 2 weeks now...)


I can't say for sure how many times before I have said I was going to lose this weight and how many times before I have given up. The difference between then and now is this time I'm determinded. I have never in my life wanted to be healthy as much as I want it right now. I need to be a better example for my children. I need to be the mom that I always envisioned I would be, instead of the mom that is always tired and never wants to do anything. I need to do this for me. I am so ready to feel better, to not hurt all the time. I have had tests done, I know that the reason I hurt so bad is because of this extra weight. (Side note: It's finally raining!! YAY)

Ok, back to business. So what is it about a 30th birthday that will make you reevaluate your life so much? I gave up smoking and other than a few light cravings have absolutely no desire to have a cigarette. I would rather have a good workout than have a cigarette. These are just my Week 1 changes and I know that there are many more to come. I'm trying my best to not get hung up on scale numbers, because I know they don't mean much in the big scheme of things. I'm trying to focus more on eating healthy and exercising. And I have to say, I'm really enjoying this new lifestyle change that has been made....as a family. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...