Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby closet dividers

My best friend, a girl who has been my sister since we were in 5th grade (umpteen years ago!) is having a baby!!!!! I can not tell you how excited I am for her! She's having a precious baby boy.  We had her baby shower this past weekend and I spent several nights up well past my bedtime working on fun projects to give her.  I've still got more stuff that I have to make and I need to get busy because this kiddo is gonna be here before we know it!

One of my favorite things I made was the closet organizers. They are so stinking cute! And seriously easy :) Because I try not to make things unless they are easy! I found this idea on Pinterest of all places ;) She did a little girl theme and they are beautiful!

I started with some pre-cut wood shapes (I'm pretty sure they are Christmas ornaments) that I found really cheap at JoAnn's! I used an Elmer's paint pen and painted the sides of the shapes because they wouldn't be covered by the scrapbook paper and I wanted them to have a finished look. 


Sorry for my blurry, crappy phone pictures!

The next thing was to trace my shapes onto the scrapbook paper.  I used a striped paper for my background and traced the shapes so that when I put them on they wouldn't all be going straight up and down.  I wanted a little variation.  I traced 2 shapes per piece that I had, one for the front and one for the back.

 
 
And cut those puppies out! Seriously, this was probably the longest part just because I was trying to cut these so perfectly.
 
 
 
For some reason, I don't have pictures of the next couple of steps, probably because it was 2 in the morning and I forgot! But seriously it's really easy.  On the original pin that I got this from she has a link to a onesie pattern that I used.  I had to make mine a little smaller because my wood shapes are smaller than the ones she used.  I found this super cute jungle print card stock that I cut the onesie shapes out of (and I lied, cutting the onesies out took FOREVER, I rough cut them and then used my X-Acto knife to get the corners sharp) and then mod podged everything on.  Then I used some scrapbook stickers and put the sizes on and tied some ribbon on.  I used about a 22" length of ribbon for each divider to make sure that there would be enough room to go around the closet rod.  And....drum roll.....here's the finished product!
 



I just love the way these turned out! If I were to do them again though, I would get 2 packages of the stickers so I could put different sizes, such as 0-3, 3-6 etc.  That's more how the clothes are sized but these are gonna be great for now! 

 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...