Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 Reasons Why I Love My Husband

I really don't give my husband enough credit.  He is an amazing husband and treats me like a princess (and we all know that I am)! I have been thinking lately how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband and wanted to let him know how much I appreciate him.  Yes, I know a blog post is not the conventional way to do that, but I did cook dinner last night and tonight, so I know he seen that!!! ;)  So today, I give you 5 reasons why I love my husband.....



1.  He takes care of me.  And I'm not just talking about one specific area of my life.  He takes care of me when I'm sick, when I'm not sick, when I'm feeling blue, financially, spiritually, and in so many other ways.  When I'm sick this man waits on me hand and foot....and most of the time he does it when I'm not sick.  I don't ask him to wait on me, he just does.  Cause he rocks like that.

2. He loves our kids more than life itself.  He has 3 children from his first marriage that I love dearly and just as if they were mine and we have a daughter together.  These kids mean more to this man than anything.  He will do anything in his power to make them happy and not see them want for anything.  With the way our financial situation is right now, unfortunately we all want for things that we are unable to afford right now, but their needs are always taken care of.  He makes them mad quite often because he won't let them do things that we feel would be detrimental to their physical and spiritual well being.  That is a fight he is willing to face daily.

3. He cooks!  That's right ladies, my man loves to cook!  In our 5 1/2 years of marriage and 2 years of dating prior to, I have maybe cooked a dozen meals.  I don't mind cooking, but would be just as happy with a sandwich or a bowl of cereal for dinner just so I wouldn't have to cook.  He has been drop dead tired and still gone in the kitchen and fixed a wonderful meal.  And then will fix my plate and the kids plates and serve us. 

4.  He has a servants heart.  I can't tell you how many times I have asked him to help me or my family with something and he would be tired or not feel good and would jump right up and do whatever was needed of him, because that's just the kind of person he is.  He is reliable.  If you need his help, and he is available, he will be there.  Even if he doesn't know what he's doing :)

5. He cleans!!! The kids are old enough that they do chores but there are still some things that we parents take care of.  He doesn't mind helping me with those at all.  We usually try to tackle things as a team because we know we will get them done that much quicker and therefore have that much more family time together.

Don't worry folks, there are many more reasons I love my husband, and I will let you in on a few more of them in the future, but I didn't want to make this post 50 pages long ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...