Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

About me!

 I enjoy getting to know people.  Their little quirks and idiosyncrasies.  These kind of things have always interested me. So today I give you some things about me that not everyone knows:
 
I have Alopecia Areata.  This is really hard for me to actually say (write) as there are only a few very close family/friends that I have been open about this with.  Alopecia is an autoimmune disease that causes hair to fall out prematurely.  Most cases are just on the head but there are cases that hair will fall out other places and some will lose all their hair (Alopecia Totalis).  I was diagnosed a year ago this November after finding a small bald patch on the back of my head.  For the most part as long as my hair is down you would never be able to notice it.  I have finally gotten to the stage that I am able to put my hair up in a ponytail and not really care what someone else thinks about me.  When I was first diagnosed I cried for a good solid week (probably more) and literally thought I would lose everyone that loved me because of the way I looked.  I look back now and see how foolish that was because the people that love me don't love me because of the way my hair looks.  (If they did, then I failed miserably because it was usually thrown up in a ponytail) :) Over the course of the last year, I have had several patches come and go and I have new growth coming in.  That is probably the most difficult issue I deal with at this point in time, just because I have little spiky pieces sticking up all over the place.  But those little spiky pieces sure are soft!  I have learned to try to look on the bright side of things since I have been dealing with this disease.  No sense in getting all gloomy over something that I have absolutely no control over, I just look and see what the good things about it are.  One that I have come up with is if I do ever get to the point I need to get a wig, I can have some serious fun with my hair, things that I probably would have never tried before!
 
My favorite color is pink.  But only certain shades.  Hot pink is my absolute favorite and pepto pink is my absolute least favorite. 
 
 
 I don't feel grown up at all.  I know I'm married and have kids and have had to go through some really adult things but sometimes I feel like I'm a child stuck in an adults body.  Probably because I really just want to go back to being a child and not have to worry about adult things.
 
 My absolute favorite TV shows are crime dramas.  C.S.I, Criminal Minds, NCIS, and the like.  Mom and I used to watch them all the time and sometimes I think that's why I watch them so incessantly now, to keep an attachment there.  But I could totally see myself being a detective or CSI or something of the like.
 
I can still remember what I was wearing when my baby brother was born.  I can't remember what I did yesterday but that day I had a royal blue shirt and stretch knit leggings that I was wearing.  We also thought he was going to be a girl and I didn't believe my grandma that he was a boy until I got to the hospital and saw for myself.
 
 

 Stay tuned for more later!
 
 
 
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...