Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I'm in love with Pinterest!

Don't tell my husband though! I have been surfing Pinterest the last week or so while I've been laid up sick and have found so many amazing and easy projects.  I know this is not something surprising to most of you and I have done several Pinterest projects in the past but here lately the crafting bug has bit me and bit hard.

Yesterday I made a bib for a friend who will be having a baby soon (I can't wait to meet this little guy!!) It was my first time sewing sharp curves so it didn't come out exactly like I wanted but I have some time to work on this!  I had cut a pair of jeans off for Brooke and used the cut off part for the denim and the backing is from a receiving blanket that Brooke had when she was little.  This blanket has special meaning for me.  I found out I was pregnant in December of 2007 and had a few issues.  On Christmas Eve we got a phone call that everything was fine and my mom got me this blanket and a few other baby things for Christmas that year.  It was the very first thing she bought for Brooke.

My mom thought of my friend as her other daughter so I know she would be proud to see me making something for her baby boy that she had put thought into for her baby girl :)

Like I said there is still some practicing I need to do for this one but I think if I can bang out a few more then it'll be no problem. I used the pattern found here for this one.

I also made a pair of sleep shorts that was going to be for Brooke but I measured wrong so they were a wee bit small....but seriously the easiest way ever to make a pair of pants and I will definitely be making more! This tutorial is amazing!

This afternoon I made a short sleeve shirt into a long sleeved one.  I found this blog where she takes socks and makes them arm warmers, but I thought I would try sewing the socks onto the sleeves so she wouldn't lose them.  Because I know she would!!! It was so simple and took maybe 10 minutes just because I was going slow to keep my stitches straight and pinning the socks to the sleeves took a little bit, because I used a ton of pins to make sure they stayed put.  But Brooke loves her new-ish shirt!


Hopefully I can get her to take it off soon so she can wear it to school tomorrow!

What are some of your favorite Pinterest projects that you've done?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...