Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Super Delicious Porkchops

C & I were perusing Pinterest this morning trying to figure out our weekly menu when we came across this pin talking about the best pork chops you will ever eat. We've been buying quite a bit of chicken lately so decided that we wanted to change it up a little and went with pork chops.  This sounded really good and the only ingredients we need to buy were the pork chops and Parmesan cheese.

The original pin had some weird link on it that took me to a beauty blog but the caption on the pin simply said "Pork chops ..dipped in ranch dressing and coated in Italian bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and garlic".  Simple enough, I thought.  So, C went off to the store and got the few things we needed for this.  I made them tonight and I have to tell you, they pretty much live up to their name.  I'm not sure if they are THE BEST but they are certainly near the top of my list.  And I love something that is delicious and super easy!

I have fixed the link on the original pin after doing a quick Swag search, this had the original picture posted, so I linked this page to the pin.  I did do things a little differently than the original blogger did, mainly because I didn't find the page until after I had already eaten my chop :) But mine still turned out amazing!  So here's how I did mine:

You'll need:

5-6 medium/large boneless pork chops
2 cups Italian bread crumbs (*These are usually at Aldi's for about $.99)
1-2 cups of Ranch dressing (not the seasoning)
Grated Parmesan cheese ( I used an entire small block that I grated myself, we like a lot of cheese)

Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.

Mix bread crumbs and cheese together and pour the ranch in another dish.  Dredge these just like you would if you were going to fry.  Ranch first then the bread crumb mixture.  Also, you want to shake off any extra ranch, you want just enough to have a thin layer for the bread crumbs to stick too.  This will help your chops to crisp up.

I put mine in a 9x13 glass baking dish.  However, after reading the original posting and some of the comments, next time I will use a darker pan with a rack in it to allow the air to circulate all around the chops.  Mine came out a bit soggy on the bottom, but were still yummy!

Next, place in your 400 degree oven and I cooked mine for 25 minutes, make sure to check for doneness before eating.  Raw pork is not something you want to consume.  Mine were perfectly cooked after 25 minutes so it will depend on your oven.  Some of the comments left on the original blog were cooking theirs upwards of an hour.  My chops were also only about 1/2 - 1 inch thick.

You can see here were some of the crumbs were still a bit soggy, but really I didn't mind that so much.  The crisp parts were delicious as well but either way it's totally going to be something that will be made again at this house!  My brother ate dinner with us tonight and he couldn't stop raving about them and about how this is the only way he is ever going to fix pork chops again! 

Enjoy!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...