Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Crockpot Family Favorite


A friend of mine sent me a list of crockpot meals last week that had some amazing recipes on it.  There were a couple that sounded exceptionally good and something I knew my family would eat.  I planned my menu out last week and found a great deal on skinless boneless chicken breasts.  There were 8 HUGE breasts in the package for right around $10 and I knew I could make that last for at least 2 meals. 

Today I threw 4 of them in the crockpot with a few things and made a new family favorite meal.  I had intended to make Creamy chicken chilli that was on the list my friend had sent me, but ended up with something just a touch different.  I didn't realize this meal would be bloggable so I didn't take any pictures but I'm going to be super nice and share my made up recipe with you all.


Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

(Serves 5-6)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: Crockpot 4 ½ hours on high

 
4 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can vegetarian beans
1 pkg cream cheese
1 medium onion (optional)
2 small cans Cream of Chicken soup
¼ carton chicken broth (equal to approximately 1 ½ cups)
Garlic powder
Cumin
Salt
Chilli powder

 

If you wish you can cube up the chicken before you put it in the crockpot, but I just left mine whole.  Put the chicken on the bottom them pour in the beans, cream cheese, onion, cream of chicken, and chicken broth.  I then stirred the mixture up and added the seasonings.  I added approximately 1 -2 teaspoons of each but it will depend on your family’s taste.  Mix all this together again.  I then let mine cook for 4 hours on high and then shredded the chicken, put the lid back on and let it cook for about another half hour on high.  My crockpot has a keep warm function so I turned that on until dinner time.  We served ours with yellow corn tortilla chips and it was amazing!

Seriously, my family could not stop raving about this meal.  My husband took one bite and said this was definitely something he wants to eat again. Let me know your thoughts and if you try this out I would love to hear how you liked it.
 
P.S. I will be doing the drawing for the giveaway tomorrow, so make sure you got your entry in!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...