Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Homemade hair detangler


B's hair is crazy curly and crazy tangled in the mornings.  She is also a wee bit tender headed.  M's hair is a super straight but super thick but her hair tangles extremely easy and she is one of the most tender headed people I have ever met.  So in order to keep my girls happy in the mornings I have to use a detangler.

I have been buying it at around $2-$4 a pop depending on which brand we bought.  I was testing a few different brands out to see which one worked better for them.  Well, none of them worked great and I was still having hurting girls.  So anyway, one morning I realized that we were out of detangler and with no time to rush to the store before school, threw a little concoction together.  They don't cry anymore!!! Best thing ever!

Basically all I did was take the top off the empty detangler bottle, fill it about 2/3 full of water, then dump in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of regular conditioner.  Shake well and spray on.  My girls are much happier in the morning and I am much less stressed out from brushing hair.  This is a great leave in conditioner as well and their hair doesn't look greasy after it dries either. 

This nice little recipe only costs a few cents per bottle (we use Suave organics so I estimate our cost to be approximately .14 per bottle of detangler, price per bottle will vary depending on what kind of conditioner you normally use) compared to the 2-4 dollars we were spending every couple of weeks.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your post. It makes such a difference when you know what you're really using!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...